Power Transmission Solutions for Marine and Offshore Oil & Gas
Kopper Kool Spring Set Brake or Clutch
For high-energy continuous slipping applications such as dynamic tensioning duties where 'fail to safety' is required. The KK/SS is suitable for end-shaft or through-shaft mounting.
Available in two actuation options:
- a) KK/SS - Spring applied / air released 'passive brake' for emergency engagement in the event of air supply failure
- b) KK/SS/Dual acting - A brake combining the advantages of excellent air applied 'active' control plus the added security of spring applied 'passive' holding and stopping action.
- Water-cooled brake with the cooling water contained within water jackets.
- Copper plates quickly transfer the heat away from the friction surfaces to give good control and long life.
- The friction surfaces are dry running.