Model GMRP Caliper Disc Brake
Normally one or two calipers are used per disc, but the number may be increased depending on disc size. The brakes may be positioned at any angle around the periphery of the disc, but should ideally be mounted horizontally (i.e. at the 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock position). If the caliper mounting angle is greater than 10° from the horizontal, or on vertical shaft applications, it should be fitted with an inclined mounting kit.
- Pneumatically-applied,spring-released caliper disk brake can be used for a large variety of propulsion systems,as well as other Naval ship deck applications
- 8093 lb. (36 kN) Braking force
- Significantly less downtime for repairs and maintenance
- Lightweight and modular design,single caliper only weighs 70 lb. (32 kg)
- Reduced risk of overheating
- Electronic monitoring including brake-on,brake-off,and pad wear